February 23, 2012

Day 23 Folk primitive

Remember her? I tried to make this in a naïf  style, kind of primitive, rough and folksy. I was liking her until.... I think it ended up looking sloppy when I went for the black line. I will still work on it, add more paint, hide the hideous line (although a friend of mine that saw it liked it, I guess she was being nice heheheh)




So anyway, that's what I have for today for the 29 faces challenge.
I actually worked on several pieces this morning, they are not scanned yet. Then we went for a college orientation in the afternoon. Can't believe it myself.

Thanks for visiting! I hope you are having fun


11 comments:

  1. I don't see a problem with the black line....maybe you just need to add something darker behind her, if the style your after allows. haha...hark at me advising an expert lol :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, darker on the bottom, and lighter on the jaw, to cover the line, at least half way. I hark ya hehehhe :o)

      Delete
  2. It's looking great so far! It is hard to get the exact right definition lines, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She done very well ~ black line on chin? ~ up to you ~namaste,carol (A Creative Harbor) Happy PPF ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ayala, great to visit you here and see your lovely faces. Thanks for visiting over at dreamcolour, have a great week-end! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your style of painting (black line or not) :-)
    Happy PPF! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great painting- I like the line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Martha, I think she is beautiful! Love her deep brown eyes ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ all your comments! ~
. .Keep your paintbrush wet!